The pharmacy department serves only the in-patients.
The mission of the pharmacy department is to maintain a high level of patient care through the provision of professional pharmaceutical services that complement and support the hospital medical services.
In our quest to fulfill our mission, education, prevention and promotion of health are essential aspects to the services offered by the department.
List of services:
- Pharmacists oversee the computerized order entries of all the medication orders and assures that the patient profile is correct.
- The Pharmacists will send a “Clinical Intervention” or “Pharmacist Opinion” to the physician and to the nursing staff, regarding the prescribe medication.
- Pharmacist play an important role in the Reactivation unit and in the Medecine unit:
- by monitoring the patient’s pharmacotherapy in order to ensure appropriate, safe efficient and economic drug therapy for the individual patient.
- by providing patient education on drug therapy, as needed.
- Pharmacists are responsible to ensure the monitoring of the anticoagulant Warfarin for the patients on the Reactivation unit, under medical supervision.
- Chemotherapy will be offered shortly, as a satellite of the Ottawa General Hospital.
- Pharmacists provide education sessions for the patients in the Cardiac Rehabilitation program and the Diabetic Education program.
- Pharmacists through the Pharmacy & Therapeutic Committee promote rational, safe and effective utilization of drugs and the development of Clinical Pathways to improve quality of care.
The days and hours of operation:
Monday through Saturday, 8:00 AM until 4:00 PM
A Pharmacist is on call after hours
613-632-1111, ext. 366