Through our various programs, our Human Resources Service is committed to the development and well-being of the hospital employees and volunteers.
In April, 2011, the Hawkesbury & District General Hospital (HGH), with the help of the HGH Foundation, In In April, 2011, the Hawkesbury & District General Hospital (HGH), with the help of the HGH Foundation, the Fondation Franco-ontarienne and the University of Ottawa, created a scholarship fund in health sciences. This initiative reflects the hospital's engagement in serving our community and developing clinical excellence.
Objective of the Scholarship: Encourage bilingual students from Prescott-Russell to continue their studies in Health Sciences at the University of Ottawa.
2013: 2 scholarships of $1,500 each
Am I eligible?
- Graduated from a high school in the United Counties of Prescott & Russell;
- Accepted full time in a Health Sciences program at the University of Ottawa; and
- Completed the University’s language aptitude test and demonstrated a satisfactory level of bilingualism. (www.ilob.uottawa.ca/test-procedure.php)
- Completed request form, available online at uoZone.uOttawa.ca (student number required);
- Copy of your resume, including the name of your high school;
- Completion of the University of Ottawa language aptitude test (results will be sent to HGH by the University); and
- A 1,000 – 1,200 word written essay: «Why are you continuing your studies in Health Sciences?»
Deadline: April 30, 2013
Our focus is to be a continuous learning organization. Education is encouraged and supported through the Personal Education Plan, in-service training on clinical and non-clinical subjects as well as external training. With a well-developed request, follow-up and feedback program, we can monitor needs and outcomes thus further promoting the learning process.
We also offer a mentoring / coaching program. Don’t hesitate to contact us to find out more!!